Tuesday, July 31, 2007

More Rain

We're currently having another thunder storm! I can't remember ever having such a wet summer. Makes me wonder what kind of winter we're going to have. It's about time to have another ice storm.

I went to the in-laws on Friday morning with plans to stay until today. My MIL was supposed to have an appointment with the radiological oncologist to discuss the path reports & map out her treatment. Friday afternoon his office called her & rescheduled the appointment for Aug. 22 at which time he would go ahead & start her radiation. And that's all we know! Very frustrating!! Anyway, I stayed until Sunday. She's doing really well all thing's considered. After they left to go to church Sunday morning, I straightened up a little & headed home.

I stopped at the outlet mall in Arcardia & did some shopping. Got me some new casual shoes, 5 pairs of pants, a skirt, & 4 shirts. Also got DH some new clothes for his birthday.

With my trip to Minneapolis next week & the ACFW conference in Sept., I needed to casual business clothes that will be comfortable on plane rides as well as for sitting in classes all day.

DH has a medical meeting in Feb. 2008 in Hawaii. I get to go with him of course! The first part of the meeting will be in Honolulu and the second part will be on Kaui. I'm really looking forward to this! One of the excursions we can do is whale watching. I want to do that.

I'm behind on my Bible study of Women of the Bible. It won't take long to catch up on the reading, but it takes me longer to crochet the squares. I'm not as experienced as some of the other ladies. But, I'm learning how to read a pattern & lots of new stitches.

I have several other projects going on also. I'm knitting a baby blanket for Joanna. The baby is due Dec. 26, so I have a little time to get it done. I just started knitting a "prayer" shawl for my MIL. I want to get it done ASAP. On the back burner I have a knitted scarf not quite finished. I plan to send it to a friend in the 82nd Airborne on his 2nd tour of duty in Iraq. It won't take long to finish it.

DS#2 is applying to enter LSU-A so I need to get his transcript together tonight. He's supposed to take his ACT on Aug. 9. This will be his first time to take it. He's probably nervous, but I know he'll do just fine on it.

We will get "new" neighbors in November. They're moving from Seattle to her childhood home. We're all excited about it. He's a carpenter & is going to work for us on our place. His first job will be to put a new bathroom & add a room onto the cottage. Then he'll put in a kitchenette, new floor, & french doors on the front. DD#2 is excited since she's the one that lives out there. Then he'll start demolishing our sunroom. By next summer we'll have an outdoor pool instead of an indoor pool. The list of things that need to be done in remodeling both properties is a very long list. I can't wait to get started though!

One of these days, maybe I'll remember to update this blog on a regular basis. :-)

3 comments:

Sandie said...

Thanks for all the news. I enjoyed the update.

Betsy St. Amant said...

Hi Melinda! It was so nice meeting you last weekend, too! I'm glad you and Rachel will be coming to the meetings. It's great to have you guys. =) Don't you just love Lenora???

Thanks for signing up on my blog. Blessings!

Georgiana Daniels said...

OH, I'm glad you found my blog today! Let's see, you last posted exactly one month ago. Is it still raining? We had a doozy of a storm here today.