Wednesday, October 17, 2007

tag

My daughter tagged me & I decided to respond this time. So, here goes . . .

10 years ago I was trying to settle into a new house & town. I ended up having to work in my husband's office, one of the benefits of moving here was supposed to be that I wouldn't have to work in the office. We were living out of boxes as I didn't have time to unpack properly. Since I homeschooled my 4 kids, & I wasn't home very much, that was barely happening. We moved on the 2nd anniversary of the death of my dad. I was tired & depressed.

20 years ago was a better time for me! I gave birth to a daughter in 1982, another daughter in 1984, a son in 1986, and was pregnant again with my youngest & last child, another son born in 1988. All of them are miracles from God. I had suffered so much damage from endometriosis that the doctors said I would never be able to have children. I had to have a hysterectomy in 1989 & the surgeon, who was an unbeliever, said that God really wanted me to have children as I had so much damage & reconstruction that I shouldn't have been able to conceive, much less carry a child to term. What an awesome God!! We lived in a nice house, in a nice neighborhood, had good friends around, lived close to all of my in-laws, & my husband's medical practice was thriving. Life was good!!

30 years ago I was single & working in a Family Practice Clinic. I loved my job!! I had given up on getting married. Then in August of 1977 I met my husband when he moved to Little Rock to start medical school. He joined our church & we were in the choir together. He asked me out, my mother talked me into going out with him, & I knew on the 2nd date that he was the one for me! Before he went to visit his family during the Thanksgiving break, he told me he loved me. Then he told his parents about me. By Christmas I had my engagement ring, which my oldest son gave to his bride when he proposed to her. I went to Vidalia, LA to meet my soon to be in-laws. We were married June 2, 1978. I'm still amazed at how quickly things happened when I finally let go & let God have complete control of my life.

I lost my grandmother, to whom I was very close, in Feb. 1978. I became an aunt for the first time the day after her death when my sister gave birth to her son. My poor mother had quite a year with loosing her mother, becoming a grandmother, & her last child at home getting married all within a 6 month period of time.

In looking back, I don't think I'd do anything differently. I've had a good life! It's had its ups & downs, but I've always learned valuable lessons during the down times and the up times were even better. I've been truly blessed by God!! I have a wonderful, loving husband who loves God & our family with all his heart. I have 4 wonderful kids, all grown now. They've all been healthy & they all have personal relationships with Jesus Christ. I gained a wonderful daughter-in-law this year who brings out the very best in my son. Things are looking up after a very long down time. And it's exciting!! My mother-in-law is responding great to radiation therapy for breast cancer. My mom is still alive after a close call several years ago & is in good health considering.

I think I have a good relationship with all of my kids & my daughter-in-law. I have grandpets instead of grandbabies but hopefully that will change one day. I'm looking forward to the next season of my life!

No comments: