Monday, October 30, 2006

First Entry

I don't know that anyone will ever read this blog, but it's easier to type than it is to write very much with a pen in hand. Fibromyalgia has affected my life in so many ways. I can't remember the last time I had a day completely without pain. But I try not to dwell on it & just do the things I can.


I can't believe I'm almost finished with my Christmas shopping. Yea! It'll be interesting to see how our actual Christmas works out. With my DH working, #1 son living 4 hours away, the other 3 working, etc. I would like to go spend a few days with Mom for Christmas. Hopefully all 4 kids + daughter-in-law to be can go with me. Don't know when we'll see the in-laws. I don't like to go unless DH can go, especially since it's his family.

The weather still can't make up its mind what it's going to do. Hot, then cold. Rain, rain, then dry. Wrecks havoc with my fibromyalgia.

It's amazing how sleep or lack of sleep affects the fibro as well as my diabetes. My sugar has been bouncing all over the place today. I think it's just because I'm very tired & haven't been getting enough sleep. DH's schedule isn't conducive to getting enough rest. I will take a sleeping pill in a little while & go to bed since he started on nights today.

I have 6 granny squares crocheted for Squares 4 Survivors. A charity effort I've been involved in since Hurricane's Katrina & Rita hit our state last year. Ladies from all over the country & Canada crochet 12" granny squares that are then assembled in an afghan for the families that lost their homes during the hurricane. It's been a very rewarding endeavor.

That's it for my first post. Maybe more tomorrow.

No comments: